Do you buy things from people you don’t trust? Well some people are always drawn to an incredible deal that is usually too good to be true. The old retail saying of people buy from people remains true today as it ever did. When consumers are buying an item for the first time from someone or company they haven’t bought from before they always ask, “what are they like to deal with” or “can I trust them”. This is where social proof comes into play when selling online. Social proof helps build trust between your online ecommerce store and the consumer. Displaying likes and fans interactions on your ecommerce store is a great way to build social proof. AppliancesOnline.co.uk is a great example of how to do it.
As with all things social media you must engage with your audience and have a credible, reliable service to begin with. So before you jump into creating your facebook page and growing fans you should check if this aligns to your business strategy first.
Now, warning aside here’s my top tips on
How to increase your likes on your Facebook brand page.
#1 Give Away a Sweet Prize!
The number 1 way of boosting your fans on facebook is to run a competition.
- Give away something people really want. Think iPads, Tablets and Headphones.
- Create a graphic with the prize and call to action for people to “Like and Share” to Win.
- Post the Graphic (photo) to Facebook
- Promote the competition on prize draw sweepstake sites and twitter.
Note, running a competition is playing officially against Facebook Page Rules so you have been warned!
That’s my numbero uno tip on growing your facebook fans. Best of Luck
Remember to do all the usual good stuff of.
- Adding Like button to site pages
- Write good content and publish to facebook
- Engage with your audience
- Run polls
- Encourage reviews and feedback from customers through facebook
Do you have any tips to share? I welcome your comments.